4.07.2011

polished.

 Update: I gained access to one of the 3 computers in this house that can edit the Template designer for this blog (finally). I didn't remember what the blog had looked like after not seeing it in its original design for so long. My computer can't run all the "fancy-schmancy colourins of thur young folk", so I've been stuck to seeing my own blog in its simple HTML form. Lame solid blue background and crap. Anyway, when I went in with the intent of completely redoing the entire template, I realized just how well the new blog header went with the template I already had. A few tweaks here and there with the colors (especially helpful in the case of my crappy computer), and the template looks pretty much the same as it did before. I do not intend to change it in the near future, or even in any future. That is, unless I somehow magically learn how to make my own website and start a new blog interface over there. But I doubt that will happen for a very, very long time.

I'm running a few renovations on the blog here. Here's the list of things I have done/hope to do in the near future:



-Created an archive page. This is much better than the small widget that USED to be on the right. Now, you can go back and find a blog post based on its date, label, and even type in words from the post to find the one you want to read.
-New banner. I've already posted about it, but I'll just list it here since it's an addition.
-New colors. The blog needs a better look overall, and I plan to fine-tune the pallet to make this place look spiffy. Maybe even put a few custom backgrounds here and there, if time and technology permits.
-I've decided to show more posts on the front page. And to do that without making your computers catch on fire, I made it so that each post only shows a segment of its contents (except for the most current post). You'll have to click on the "Read More>>" link to read the entire thing.
-New pages. There are some things I'd like to keep track of just as long as this blog exists, and having them on pages is the best way. For example, the archives, and my Pokemon trading log occupy the first 2 slots out of 10. I'll come up with more things to store in other pages as I experience life.

In other news, today I turned in my application to go to UVU during the summer. I'm going to be an art major! :D At least, that is the road I would like to go down to become a graphic designer. So these are the first steps. I should receive my acceptance email on Saturday or Sunday. And then I'll be an official Wolverine, and starting May, I'll once again be placed into an institute of learning. I'll have a much greater social life! I'm just slightly worried because I don't want to be called on a mission before I even finish a semester... Oh, right, my mission papers are finally moving ahead now. Slowly, but surely. Maybe I should put down a new availability date. I'll have to ask about that...

Still jobless. I qualify for a government grant, so hopefully that can help me a lot. Also, next week is Maeser's spring break. I will keep the tradition of not shaving for that week. Yes, there will be pictures. Let the world see my beautiful red beard!

No comments:

Post a Comment