4.23.2011

champions.

I need to update this. The last post is depressing.
Life update, I guess!

So far, I've applied to work at BOTH Trafalgas, as well as Boondocks. ALL of them are hiring. I would be so happy if I got a job at any of these places. Like... Who doesn't want to work at a family entertainment center? Of course, I've applied to a few places other than those, but these large plots of fun and amazement sound promising.



I watched an episode of Doctor Who yesterday. Well, 2 episodes. But they were part of 1 story. But yeah, it felt really good to get that done. Speaking of which, the new season starts tonight, doesn't it? I'll try to watch the rest of the season 5 finale before I see it. If I can find a way to watch the finale, anyway. If not, no season premiere for me.

Other than a few things here and there, I haven't really done the core things I have on my bucket list. Watch a lot of Doctor Who, finish Final Fantasy I (98% done), IV (~30% done) and IX (~65% done), finish Arrested Development, and just a bunch of random small things. I think those things will have to wait for when I enter college and get a job. My reasoning is, I will finally be doing something "productive", so when I get free time, I can spend it doing things that would otherwise seem like a complete waste of time, instead of actually relaxing and having time for myself.

However, lately, I HAVE been Pokemon training. So that's relieved my want to fulfill my bucket list for now. The sooner I get all this training out of the way, the better. I don't want it to hinder my education and work. However, the training process will take a lot longer than it normally does, due to a few factors with this newer generation... So I hope I have the time and technology to be prepared for when the time comes...

Oh, what time is that, you ask? Oh, it's not much... it's only...


I was invited to attend the World Championship by my friend Rob, who helped me (well, I helped him, I guess is more appropriate to say) with my Pokemon Tournament for Anime Banzai 2010. The World Championship takes tournament champions from a ton of locations all over the United States and Europe, and they all come together at the convention center in luxurious San Diego for the final showdown. It takes place in August, during the last couple days of college.
At least, I think it's being held in this building.
Anyway, fine details will be worked out eventually – costs, college assignments, permission from parents if I can even GO. Those kinds of things. But it's in my plans right now, and I am very excited to attend. There are some open slots for the tournament, so people that could only make it to the World Championship have a chance of participating. THIS is what I'm training for. If I can simply make it into the tournament, I would be satisfied; so very, very satisfied. While I'm there, I also hope to behold mountains and mountains of wondrous swag, and maybe trade some pins here and there. There are also plans for Disneyland. DISNEYLAND. I'm pretty excited for this to happen.

Speaking of college, yes. I am a student at UVU. I'm going for the summer semester, and I'm meeting with a counselor on Monday to discuss what classes I should take as an Art and Visual Communications major. With college, I hope I can make some new friends, and restore my social life back to 100%. At this point, I'd only consider it 14.3%, or 1/7, since I only get to see my friends once a week nowadays... Also, D+D has been incredibly slow lately. Our last session was a month ago, I think. That's a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Not our longest, but I'd still like play to pick up a bit. Which I know is due to a ton of factors, and hopefully with summer, it'll speed up.

    ReplyDelete