6.27.2011

almost.

I don't think this will be a particularly long post. I think I'm maybe emotion-dumping on this one? Which I hate to do, because I don't want my blog to be like that at all. School and work have absorbed me into a lifestyle I don't particularly enjoy The move hasn't helped much, either. It's been difficult to tell stories or describe something when I'm constantly on the move. All I can do right now is form opinions on things, which is a really jerky thing for me to do.

So, something good, then: Over the weekend, an anime called AnoHana (That's the nickname. The real name is uber long.), which I talked about before, ended its 11-episode run. It was such an incredible and beautiful story. Great animation style, good characters, and probably the most crying I've ever seen. Not in a bad way, though. Words can't express how amazing this show was to me. I'd just recommend it to anyone that's interested, or even not interested. Everyone, go watch it.



On the flip side, I've been getting some anime club members to watch some anime that I enjoy myself. In particular, I had my friend watch the Time of Eve, a short movie-length anime about the robot laws introduced in the book I, Robot. He absolutely loved it. I want to say it's an additional point for team Staib, representatives of Good Taste. Ok, I know I don't have the best tastes. But I've mostly transcended from weeabooism. More than most of the club members, anyway. By contrast, I'm a hardcore, straight-headed Japanese culture guru compared to some of the guys in there.

The Pokemon tournament is a little more than a month away, and I haven't been doing any training for the past few weeks. NO WIFI is a very good reason why I haven't been training. I can't access the Dream World or test battle with players across the globe. For now, I've been sticking to playing Dissidia Duodecim so I can wail on the guys in the anime club. It feels good, being top dog.

Me gusta.
Oh, right. My dad got me a MacBook Pro. KIND OF.
It's the compy I'll use after my mission. For now, it's 80% my dad's work computer, 20% getting back in the loop of playing games my friends have been playing the last couple of years. My fear? It'll be outdated when I get back. Which, again, will stick me back in my position 3 days ago: Using a 7-year-old computer to do modern-day things.

No comments:

Post a Comment