6.22.2011

fab.

Here is my final project for my 2D Design class. The objective was to make something that had to do with your major. Since mine is graphic design, I decided to make a
 promotional poster for the Beatles' last public concert, for which they told no one about before it happened. It took place on the roof of the Apple Studio, and they sang to many office workers on their lunch breaks. Crowds filled the streets, and the police went up to the roof to stop the production. The Beatles ended up performing the entire concert anyway.

Click for an enlarged version.

 
The entire poster is 15" x 20". I'm going to print it out at Kinko's tomorrow morning, and perhaps on request, I could get a couple more prints some other time, if you want it as a wall poster.

All Beatles logos and images are copyrighted and owned by Apple Studios.

The part I took the longest on was all the buildings in the background, which, unfortunately, don't even stand out in the end. But it made great filler. If you can't tell, the building in the front is the Apple Studio in London. The most difficult part of all this was the planning. I was honestly making it up as I went along, so once I was done with a small detail, it took me a while to figure out where to go next. This thing was a lot of trial, error, and pure experimentation, but I'm very happy with how it came out. This'll be in my room, on the same wall as my big Japanese fish painting (which I'll take a picture of and post at a later date).

Oh, right; in the lower left-hand corner is my logo. We had to make those for 2D Design, too, so I thought I might as well start using it. I'll post that one later as well.

1 comment: