1.12.2011

myself.

Alexis gave me a jar.
The jar was filled with journal prompt ideas.
I took a fourth journal prompt idea.
This is what the journal prompt idea said:

"Where is your safe haven?"



My safe haven most times is a portable one. A small world I can take with me wherever I go. My safe haven lies between two earphones and 1000+ songs.

My safe haven is built by music.

Whenever I want to be by myself, or get in the mood to do a certain activity (i.e. create, write, or work), I will gladly put some music in my head to help me feel a certain mood. I have a few songs for just about every occasion and event. They match my emotions or excite them more. Music helps me keep a certain mindset so that I can do things consistently.

My safe haven isn't a specific location. It is a certain frame of mind.

I have synesthesia pretty bad. Numbers, letters, smells and tastes all connect to a memory, color or emotion. When it comes to the music I have, I will only choose music on my iPod that will provide a memory or emotion. Music is a very important element in my life because it links my entire life together.


In other news, I guess it's time for a life update. My family got a Blu-ray player for Christmas, but no Blu-ray movies. So I went to FYE and got Advent Children Complete on Blu-ray. Eye candy. That's all I have to say. I also got a spiffy Kingdom Hearts winter hat, which keeps my missionary-hair-cut-head warm these days. Mission papers should be going in this week. (I hope.) I'm also unemployed. Again. GameStop was only a seasonal job, so...Yeah. It's over. My sister got back from her mission a week ago today. Er...2 weeks? Yeah, 2 weeks. I don't have the car as often as I like, so my social life has died. Not that I had much to begin with.

I recently found a website that had printable sheet music from lots of anime and video games. I printed a copy of Sayuri's Melody from Beyond the Clouds, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, and I rewrote the music and octave lower since I can't play that high on the E string. I'll practice it a few times this week, but my terrible violin/violin skills aren't helping in the slightest. My violin squeaks a lot, and I have a sponge for a chin rest. Dang, I should've asked for one for Christmas...I'll look for some on my own time.

I'm currently replaying both Final Fantasy X and Crisis Core. I'm playing them to their full potentials. At least, I'm trying. I'm following every walkthrough and guide I can find. The last time I played these games, I borrowed them from friends, so I had to speed through them. I didn't even finish X. I try not to play them too much. I know what's healthy and what's not. But being home all day certainly isn't healthy to me, and sadly, I can't change that right now.

I'm a pretty straight-forward thinker, aren't I? I don't question too much on the "why", just more on the "what". Maybe I'll touch up on my "why" later, if I can think of any. I think I'm too afraid of the "why", and just accept everything. Or maybe I reject everything?

Well...who cares right now. I'm most likely talking to myself at this point.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I feel ya. Living on my own and not getting out much can really take it out of me some days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of people are afraid to ask why. Even I am. Scary, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete