12.15.2010

one.

Alexis gave me a jar.
The jar was filled with journal prompt ideas.
I took a journal prompt idea.
This is what the journal prompt idea said:

"What phobias do you have? Why?"



I'm in a Demitri Martin mood. Sorry if it carries over.
Phobias. And why I have them. Let's see...

Well, the first phobia that comes to mind is heights.








AAAAAGGHHGH!! Woah, sorry. Dropped a little. Anyway, I don't have height issues in a plane. At all. I think planes give you the most amazing views of the world, everything getting smaller and smaller, yet still moving. It's mesmerizing.

No, the fear of heights I have comes from being about 10-20 feet high on an unstable platform. I'm real slow about going up ladders (even though I love to be on a house roof). I'll also stay towards the center of a tall skyscraper. I'm not the guy that likes to look down over the side. [side note: I heard that the woozy feeling you get from looking over the side of a skyscraper comes from the building's movements in the wind. Still, it makes me uncomfy.]

I guess another fear I could have is the feeling of my stomach dropping. You know how you're in a car, and you find a segment of hills that make your stomach drop slightly? that part is very fun. I enjoy the small things in life. You know that feeling of being pulled down faster than gravity allows on a roller coaster? How in the world is that fun in any way? In fact, why are you not crying and leaving for home the moment you come off the ride you had just idiotically boarded in the first place?

Yes. I hate roller coasters. Screw you. I also hate going to theme parks with roller-coaster-loving people. They try to make me ride them, but I feel bad because I'm the one preventing them from enjoying themselves on them in the first place.

Hey, I rode the white coaster at Lagoon. I'm proud of myself.

Another phobia would have to be...maybe surgery, I guess. I don't deal well with gore. I don't mind blood, animated violence or even CGI gore, but when it comes to watching a football game, and someone bends something that don't bend that way on its own - that's when I wince. I have never broken a bone. I plan to keep it that way. I have never gotten stitches. I plan to keep it that way. Having someone operate on my innards scares me because of all the things that COULD go wrong. Yeah, I guess this one goes without saying.

Another fear that I realized 3 years ago was being hated. I don't like it when people hate me. I guess I have it planted in my head that I'm a pretty decent person, and I try really hard not to offend or hurt anyone. I have very honest intentions. But people manage to still hate you for simply being you. That's the mind-blowing part of it to me...

I guess those are all the major phobias I have. I feel comfortable around a lot of animals and insects, I'm not really superstitious, and I'm willing to explore. What phobias do you guys have?

So please, don't take me on the world's tallest roller coaster with a group of people that hate me. Kthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment