11.07.2010

closet.

I've been waiting for something to pop up to write about, and something just did. Here we go people, cuz I'm about to lay on a very touchy subject: bi and homosexuality.

I guess I don't have much to say about it. I'll just share my beliefs and stuff.



First off, many people claim that gays or bis are born with that sexual orientation. I think that in the Spirit World, when we were with the Big Man Upstairs, no one had a sexual orientation. Which makes sense. We didn't have bodies to drive us to do those things. But I still think God taught all his chrilden that it was the law to marry the opposite gender. God did it, Adam did it, we should do it. This not only shows that our spirits know when they first come to Earth to look for attraction in the opposite gende, but also that the marriage between husband and wife is a holy and godly act. I've never heard of a gay God (besides Liberace). However, God created a magical time-space-continuum veil thing that made us forget that PreExistence. So where do we learn heterosexual marriage is correct? Through the example of, well, the human race itself, as well as scripture and divine holy amazing revelation. Something must have gone on through this crazy maze of Life that gave someone the idea that boyxboy and girlxgirl is attractive to them.

Experiences make us who we are, and that creates our nature. Who can deny that?

Secondly, I personally do not have any beef towards bis or gays. (I just realized that was a very strange pun. Don't think too hard.) I know a couple of really awesome gay people, and I have amazing bi friends. Their sexual orientation does not change how we feel for each other as friends. At least, I'm hoping for dear life it goes both ways. I haven't been confessed to by a guy yet, so I think I'll be good forever. I still believe what the commandments say: that homosexual marriage is a sin, and those people have no chance of entering the highest kingdom of God unless repentance occurs. It could be a phase for some, or a lifestyle to others. The only thing I can do for them is hope with all my heart that they will figure it out for themselves soon and find a great girl to be with. A marriage contract changes both people involved in it. I have never seen this not happen, most strongly in my uncle.

Just independent thinking...I wonder how many more of my friends will come out of the closet...?

I'm saying, here and now, I cannot imagine myself having attraction for men. And that is my sexual orientation.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if enough people understand that we believe it's not a sin to *have* those same-gender attractions, but *acting* on them is wrong. It's not like the LDS Church is racist against those people or that we hate them as individuals; we just don't approve of the choices they're making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gay people aren't a race. I think you meant to say prejudiced or biased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you're right. I just couldn't think of a better word at the time. ^^

    ReplyDelete