11.10.2010

potential.

Sadly, I have to part with my iPad soon.

The guy who let my dad use it (who, in turn, passed it onto me,) is requesting it back. My dad got the iPad to help with his work, but since he no longer works for that company, we have to give the iPad back.


There's one thing you don't do to me: never take something away that I put my own personality into. And this iPad, certainly, contains my personality. I guess since going on a mission soon will make the iPad less of a necessity is a great thing, and the timing is very good, but I paid a few bucks for some apps and add-ons, so I'm a little miffed about that. Hopefully in 2 years time this touch pad will turn into a full-blown laptop. That would make me happy.

There are countless things I could do with a laptop. One of them being an actual ability to RUN PROGRAMS. Another thing I would love is my own personal tablet workshop, where I can design things freely. I would also love it to be my video-editing center, portable and sharable photo album, my music library, image archive, movie theater and all-around constant companion to my everyday media needs. I rely heavily on media in my life, and my reliance will only become greater as I obtain a faster and more capable computer than the '04 Mac I've been using since, well, '04. And yes, the laptop will also be a Mac. Being worry-free of viruses is a wonderful thing... Maybe I'll "upgrade" to Ubuntu once I gain thos skills and whatnot. Or run Ubuntu from my Mac laptop. I'm sure it's possible, since they can already runs Windows.

Anyway. I'm dabbling.

Tomorrow, I receive my work schedule for my new job at the GameStop in University Mall. Teenage dam job? Yes, indeedy. I just hope I achieved it when I was a lot...younger. And a lot less "gotta save for my mission". The cool thing, though, is that I can rent a game for 4 days for free, so I can still play some short stories every now and then, since that is probably what I would wnt to spend my spare coin on anyway. Hey, if you guys wanna play any new releaaes with me, I'll gladly rent something for ya that we can play together. My first rental? kirby's Epic Yarn. That thing is an orgy of adorable. A climax of cute. And I will play it.

I need to buy Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Micah told me it had 30 deleted scenes. 30 pieces of the story that didn't make it. 30 scenes of real life renditions of the actual comic that we, the dedicated viewers, missed in the movie theaters, and that the DVD developers were kind enough to include on a thin data disc. Yeah. I kinda wanna see those.

Oh yeah, I want to thank everyone who came to my birthday party last week! It was kind of q dud until 5 people walked through my door all at once at 7pm, but everything after that was a lot of kicks and giggles. I just wished it lasted longer. Or it was at least done in a college setting, so my parents weren't there to kick everyone out. That's the one thing I can't wait for in college... I declare "bed time". Althoughh I'm kind of worried my awake life will take place from 9-10 in the morning until about 1-2 at night. What can I say? I'm not a morning person, and I concentrate the best at night.

Did anyone else see the snow this morning? Prettiest weather I've seen all year. I could watch snow fall for hours... Get me a warm cup of hot chocolate, add a cute girl to share a blanket with, and it could have been the highlight of my month. In other words, this morning could have been perfect. But I guess every morning has the potential to do that, doesn't it? I guess that perfect morning will have to wait for some other time. I hope it's soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment