9.21.2010

ants.

So I thought now would be a good life update.

My job working at Trellis Cafe is coming to a close. The people I work with are really cool; it's kinda sad I won't see them again. But people come and go, right? At least I had some good memories.

The current problem is that once this job ends, I don't have another one to go to. I gotta do some major job-searching. My mom recommended the LDS Job Search place down by DI, so I think I'll try that.



This past weekend I went to a cabin near Junction with Alexis and her family, along with her extended family on her step mom's side. I can she why she wanted me to come. There's no one her age there. Heck, the only people NOT married were probably 2 and 4 years old. So I kept her company. The nights were freezing. We mostly spent all day talking while I pushed her on a large tire swing. It was relaxing, to say the least. We also played "Ant God". You find a red ant nest and either feed it or destroy it. Or both. Both is fun. So we found a grasshopper and watched it get mauled and bitten to death, and then covered up a couple holes. I can watch ants for hours. Wish we had a magnifying glass...

On the last day we shot shotguns at clay pigeons. I didn't shoot the shotgun, though. I shot Alexis' dad's .22, which has to be the second-most fun gun I have ever shot (the first being and MP5). It had no kick, the bullets were small, and it was very easy to cock. Just a fun little shoot-em-up gun. Then we went out to pick up clay pigeons we set up as still targets once we ran out of ammo. I found a big branch to use as a bat while Alexis threw pigeons in my direction. I hit a couple. The best, though, was when the wind carried the pigeon into my stomach and it completely shattered against my abs. No lie. I felt like Heman.

Anime Banzai is coming up. I'm going dressed as a demon butler. Alexis and I are participating in a cosplay battle: kind of like a staged dice-rolling tournament with costumes. On top of that, I'm hosting my own panel, or a slot within which people can come in and participate in an event. I'm holding 3 different Pokemon tournaments. I sure hope it all goes well...

Guess I'd better get back to work. I think some coworkers want the computer. Heh...

No comments:

Post a Comment